The New Jerusalem Church is involved in several programs to build community and relationships with our brothers and sisters. See below to learn more!
Right now, we are trying to put together school kits as called for by Church World Service. Each kit needs:
- One pair of blunt metal scissors (rounded tip)
- Three 70-count spiral notebooks or notebooks totaling 200-210 pages (no loose-leaf or filler paper)
- One 30-centimeter ruler (12″)
- One hand-held pencil sharpener
- One large eraser
- Six new pencils with erasers
- One box of 24 crayons (only 24)
- One 12″ x 14″ to 14″ x 17″ finished size cotton or lightweight canvas bag with cloth handles. (Please, no reusable shopping bags or backpacks.)
Pack all items inside the cloth bag.
Pretty Prairie Food Bank
We take collections at the church. Items in need: non-perishable items. Limited freezer space available. The Food Bank is a community service provided to any Pretty Prairie resident in need and is not based on household income. To learn more, you can contact the city office, 620.459.6392 for more info.
We’ve been helping keep a section of Highway 17 clean for years! We see God’s creation as one of our neighbors to love!